- Print the pre-plotted map and the control list at home and bring them with you to the course.
- Start in the parking lot outside the outside the Outfitter building.
- Pick a number of controls to find. A good beginner loop is 5 controls (A-E). A good intermediate loop is 10 controls (A-J).
- Navigate to each of the controls in any order. You do not have to stay on trails.
- Controls have a word written on them. Write down the word on your control list.
- Finish back at the outfitter building.
- Report your experience and/or errors or missing controls to email@example.com.
- For a harder challenge, buy the blank map and plot the controls beforehand using the UTMs for the controls
(on the control list).
- For an even harder challenge, try orienteering at night. Each control has a stripe of reflective tape to make finding it in the dark a bit easier.
Back to the main orienteering course page